How to Stay Organized Planning Your Wedding
You’re engaged! Congratulations!
Before you start your journey of wedding planning, it’s essential that you have an organized plan to make the process as seamless as possible. No question, wedding planning can be overwhelming. There are a lot of details that go into making an event like this.
Not to scare you, but did you know that the average wedding in Canada can take 250 hours to plan. Having a Game plan before you start will make the world of difference of keeping your stress level down and feeling confident about your special day.
Here are our top 6 tips to help keep you organized with keeping track of your spending, to-do lists, and communications so nothing slips through the cracks.
- Create a dedicated wedding email. Keep all your emails related to your wedding in one place. You can create folders within your inbox to easily find important emails. You can create folders for each of your vendors, helpful blogs, invoices etc. Give all your wedding vendors, and the venue this email.
- Get a Wedding Binder or Folder. It might be a digital world, but you’re still going to need a place to keep important documents like contracts, invoices and brochures, so they don’t get lost. Again, create tabs for things like wedding inspiration, to-do lists, service providers etc.
- Follow a 12-month checklist. Don’t know where to get started on first? Use a Wedding Checklist to keep you on track, and break things down in small manageable chunks.
- Schedule Time for Wedding Planning. Set aside time on your calendar every week for wedding planning, just like you would a doctor appointment or a gym workout. If you don’t block off the time, it’s likely it will get put off….and this will always be at the bottom of your to-do list.
- Use Spreadsheets. Spreadsheets are a fantastic tool to keep track of important information. You can use a spreadsheet for your Budget, Guest List with RSVP’s responses, Menu selection, and Thank you Cards. Enter formulas to automatically calculate your budget or add up your Guest List.
- Get help! Planning a wedding is a BIG job, so don’t be afraid to ask for help. This is where a professional Wedding Planner can come in handy. Wedding planners have the relationships and knowledge to help achieve your wedding day vision and ease the stress. Alfresco Wedding Planner will put you at ease and guide you through what is possibly the most exciting, yet stressful time of your life.
Do you need help getting started or have questions? We are here to create the best Wedding Day Experience for you, as you deserve it. Contact us today firstname.lastname@example.org
Hi, I’m Liz!
Welcome to the Alfresco Wedding Planner blog! Stop by often, we blog about real weddings, wedding
inspiration, tips and advice, and more!
- The Top 5 Questions You Should be Asking When Choosing Your Wedding Photographer by Love The Moment Photography April 25, 2020
- Are Bridal Trials Necessary? April 18, 2019
- How to Stay Organized Planning Your Wedding April 9, 2019
- Finalist for Best Wedding over $25,000 of 2018 February 6, 2019
- BEST Wedding Under $25,000 of 2018 Award February 6, 2019
You May Also Like: